User Experience (UX) Researcher
Design Department | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems of high value aerospace, defense, industrial, and renewable energy equipment. Our simulation and physics-based models enable new maintenance paradigms and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems such as helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work on our web and mobile applications. The hire will be collecting valuable information that will be key designing new products and features of our software platform.
This new and incremental position will report directly to our Director of Digital Experience and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Coordinate and execute user research on DigitalClone product suite
- Conduct a range of studies, including heuristic evaluations, competitive reviews, studies, online surveys, focus groups and user interviews, etc.
- Moderate usability tests, ad hoc testing, paper testing, prototype testing, and formal usability testing
- Analyze research, surveys and testing results
- Work with and present findings to a variety of roles including UX designers, product owners, and project managers
- Manage time appropriately to ensure projects are on time, on budget, and in scope
- Provide recommendations and ensure they are integrated into development
- 2-3+ years of related experience in user research
- A user-centric, strategic approach and strong attention to detail
- Expertise coordinating, recruiting, and conducting User Research sessions
- Expertise with testing and research software
- Experience with doing heuristic reviews, competitive analyses, user interviews; able to choose the correct methodology for each research questions
- Experience with interviewing methodology, ideally as it related to conducting user tests and/or direct observation research methods
- Experience with interaction or information architecture in the context of mobile or responsive web design
- Able to interact effectively with product and development teams at all levels, fostering strong relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and able to work independently
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)