Data Scientist – Prognostics
Technical/Research Team | West Lafayette, Indiana
Sentient Corporation is a software company offering DigitalClone solutions to dramatically reduce fatigue, friction, and wear-based product issues with computational testing design simulations and prognostic asset management. Solutions are offered that leverage Computational Material Science, Tribology, advanced Statistics, Big Data management, and Information Fusion for accurate predictive assessments of asset health. Sentient differentiates itself through combining multi-scale physics-based material models, from the material microstructure to the component, such as bearings or gears, to full systems in wind turbines, automotive and rotorcraft industries
Sentient is looking for an individual with an engineering background and proven expertise in utilizing statistical methods and machine learning. The ideal candidate will be able to independently design, develop, and implement methods to advance prognostic capabilities for engineering systems using data-based models and simulation.
- Develop, implement, and optimize models to fuse physics-base model and data driven insights using utilizing cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning models for prediction of mechanical behavior.
- Develop data management and metamodeling approaches for optimum model performance
- Support the development of physics-based models for mechanical system analysis
- Support the related R&D and commercial projects
- Masters or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, statistics, computer science, or related discipline
- Wide knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling methods, engineering design and optimization
- Demonstrated experience working with large (TB+) repositories of structured and unstructured data.
- Working knowledges of solving engineering problems using metamodels or surrogate models.
- Familiar with physics-based modeling, such as FEM, CFD, MD, MC, DFT, etc.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages, Python, R, C/C++
- Flexible and enthusiastic to work on various projects with an interdisciplinary team
- Familiarity with Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) standard for model exchange is a plus.
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)