Wind Drivetrain Technical Lead – Europe
Technical/Research Team | Europe
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre- and post-installation costs of rotating systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work on our Software Product Development team. This role will be working directly on new features of our DigitalClone® software (called FMU ninja) platform for both commercial and government applications. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Technical Point of Contact on Sentient’s Europe wind projects
- Develop wind turbine main bearing and gearbox prognostic models and conduct durability and reliability analysis
- Lead technical implementations and co-ordinate with Europe wind turbine OEMs and Operators
- Hands-on wind SME and assist in development of new DigitalClone prognostic software features
- M.S or Ph.D. with a minimum 5 years of wind drivetrain modeling and simulation experience
- Technical background in Wind engineering and Turbine O&M
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++, MATLAB and finite element analysis (FEA)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate effectively with Sentient’s Europe customers
- Strong presentation and report preparation skills are needed
- Create high quality technical solutions for multiple clients. Need to immediately contribute to a strong multidisciplinary technical team
- Able to travel 25%
- 3-5 years of experience working with wind turbine operators and OEMs
- Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM-PHM) experience
- Reverse engineering background
- Sales engineering experience
About the Company
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment. Sentient Science’s cloud-based software, DigitalClone Live, manages the health and life extension of rotating mechanical equipment using a materials science-based approach. The technology models and simulates components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. DigitalClone applies materials science and physics-based modeling techniques to simulate rotating equipment under representative operational loads and conditions. Operators optimize their maintenance cycles and lower the pre-and post-installation costs of “rotating” systems through life extension actions. Equipment manufacturers use the software for design tradeoff and sensitivity analysis and to prove their life claims to the market. Sentient Science was recognized by the White House in 2014 with the Tibbetts Award and Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneers Award in 2016.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)