Wind Drivetrain Technical Lead – China
Scientific Research Team | Beijing
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre- and post-installation costs of rotating systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work on our Software Product Development team. This role will be working directly on new features of our DigitalClone® software (called FMU ninja) platform for both commercial and government applications. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- On the ground Technical Point of Contact for Sentient’s wind projects in China
- Develop wind turbine main bearing and gearbox prognostic models and conduct durability and reliability analysis
- Lead technical implementations and co-ordinate with Chinese wind turbine operators and suppliers
- Hands-on wind subject matter expert, assist in development of new DigitalClone prognostic software features
- S or Ph.D. with a minimum 5 years of wind drivetrain modeling and simulation experience
- Technical background in wind engineering and turbine O&M
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++, MATLAB and finite element analysis (FEA)
- Fluent in English and Chinese and able to communicate effectively with Sentient’s Chinese customers
- Strong presentation and report preparation skills
- Create high quality technical solutions for multiple clients.
- Need to immediately contribute to a strong multidisciplinary technical team
- Able to travel 25%
- 3-5 years of experience working with wind turbine operators and OEMs
- Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM-PHM) experience
- Reverse engineering background
- Sales engineering experience
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as jets, helicopters, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone. Sentient Science entered the Chinese market two years ago and has built projects and relationships with leading Chinese wind operators and suppliers.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)