Senior Software Developer – FMU ninja
Development Team | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre- and post-installation costs of rotating systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work on our Software Product Development team. This role will be working directly on new features of our DigitalClone® software (called FMU ninja) platform for both commercial and government applications. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Design and develop highly scalable and loosely coupled architecture.
- Develop simulation environments (workers) that can be spun up on-demand.
- Build efficient data pipelines between applications and simulation environments.
- Build visualizations application for simulation results.
- Ability to hit assigned deadlines for sprints, and assigned work.
- Work closely with business analysts, solution architects, developers and operations team to integrate automation for manual systems and processes.
- Design, develop, test and implement APIs for use in software applications.
- A desire and willingness to be challenged and learn about new technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Provide regular and consistent mentoring to other developers.
- 10 years (or more) of software development experience.
- Strong proficiency working with Elixir, C++, HTML, SQL,
- Experience with leveraging libraries, APIs, design patterns, and end-to-end web application programming.
- Solid understanding of web services and Computer Science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms).
- Knowledge of common DevOps technologies (Vagrant & Docker).
- Expert knowledge working with AWS (EC2, RDS, & Redshift).
- Intimate knowledge and experience working with Git: branching, merging, pull requests, etc.
- Experience working with Linux Command Line Interface and writing bash scripts.
- Experience with 3D visualizations such as WebGL.
- Experience with Phoenix Framework.
- Experience with SQL in an enterprise setting.
- Experience in coding mathematical functions in most efficient way with numerical stability in mind (discrete algebra).
- Experience with big data (Hive, Elastic File Systems, Hadoop, etc.).
About the Company
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment. Sentient Science’s cloud-based software, DigitalClone Live, manages the health and life extension of rotating mechanical equipment using a materials science-based approach. The technology models and simulates components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. DigitalClone applies materials science and physics-based modeling techniques to simulate rotating equipment under representative operational loads and conditions. Operators optimize their maintenance cycles and lower the pre-and post-installation costs of “rotating” systems through life extension actions. Equipment manufacturers use the software for design tradeoff and sensitivity analysis and to prove their life claims to the market. Sentient Science was recognized by the White House in 2014 with the Tibbetts Award and Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneers Award in 2016.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)