Machine Behavior Engineer – Multi-Body Dynamics
Engineering | Buffalo, NY or Idaho Falls, ID, United States
Required: M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Preferred: PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Either 0-3 years with a Ph.D. degree or 5+ with Master’s degree.
- Strong writing skills;
- Physical modeling of complete drive-trains with finite element and multi-body dynamic software tools;
- Linear and non-linear dynamic system analysis;
- Flexible multi-body dynamic analysis;
- Modal analysis;
- Experiences in modeling dynamical behavior of the internal components of gearboxes, turbine engines, piston engines, or other rotating systems.
- Experience with Abaqus, Dymola, Adams, Matlab, C/C++, Modelica, Python
- Finite Element Analysis, Boundary Element Analysis
- Experience in Meshless Methods such as Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics
- Fracture mechanics
- Laboratory and experimental experience such as data acquisition
- Digital signal processing analysis
- Vibration and acoustic analysis
- Fault detection in gearboxes and rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems of high value aerospace, defense, industrial and renewable energy equipment. Our simulation and physics-based models enable new maintenance paradigms and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems such as helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and wind turbines.
Sentient Science has enjoyed steady revenue growth and profitability since its inception in 2001.
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to work on projects in the physical modeling of machinery behavior. The hire will be developing algorithms for multi-body dynamic (MBD) analysis of complex systems. The hire will develop analysis algorithms, perform the analysis, and work on projects with other staff performing analysis. In addition to model and algorithm design, the candidate will work with the Sentient team for commercial software development and validation.
Strong writing skills will be needed for proposal and report writing. A Master’s in related engineering field is required with 5+ years of relevant experience or a PhD.
The staff needs to be familiar with one or more of the following software and programming languages: ABAQUS, DYMOLA, ADAMS, MATLAB, c/c++, Modelica, Python
This new and incremental position will report directly to our Chief Scientist. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Additionally, Sentient offers competitive benefits and a relocation package.
Please submit you Résumé and Cover Letter to Adrijan Ribaric, Lead Scientist – Multibody Dynamics, at [email protected].