Lead – Wind Engineering Analytics
Technical/Research Team | Location Open to Discussion
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work with our Wind Engineering Analytics team. This role will be working directly with large repositories of structured and unstructured data from operational wind farms and needs to be very competent in working with structured data and unstructured data in variety of formats. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Develop algorithms for parsing/wrangling variety of structured and unstructured data from operational wind turbines
- Implement, improve and develop automated quality-control algorithms
- Apply analytic/statistical methods to extract features and explore relationships with other forms of reliability/operational data
- Develop, test and implement algorithms for computing performance/reliability/BI metrics (KPIs)
- Technical/engineering background with 5+ years of experience working with SCADA and wind power meteorology datasets
- Proven expertise in analyzing, visualizing and derive conclusions from large amounts of structured/unstructured SCADA data and other platforms with statistical analyses (e.g. time-series analysis, spectral etc.)
- Proficient writing efficient code statistical-analysis languages/platforms e.g. Python, R, MATLAB
- Experience working SCADA/HMI historians (e.g. PI) and other SCADA aggregation databases.
- Clear communication skills with different backgrounds (software, other engineering, business).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with SCADA data stored in relational and/or Big Data platforms and familiarity with related technologies is a plus.
- Experience with SQL programming and data warehousing systems in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with shell scripts (bash, csh, etc.) in a Linux cloud environment.
About the Company:
ABOUT SENTIENT SCIENCE:
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment. Sentient Science’s cloud-based software, DigitalClone Live, manages the health and life extension of rotating mechanical equipment using a materials science-based approach. The technology models and simulates components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. DigitalClone applies materials science and physics-based modeling techniques to simulate rotating equipment under representative operational loads and conditions. Operators optimize their maintenance cycles and lower the pre-and post-installation costs of “rotating” systems through life extension actions. Equipment manufacturers use the software for design tradeoff and sensitivity analysis and to prove their life claims to the market. Sentient Science was recognized by the White House in 2014 with the Tibbetts Award and Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneers Award in 2016.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].