Senior Web Developer
Development Team | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work with our Product Development team. This role will be working directly on new features of our DigitalClone® software and will be exposed to utilizing best practices to achieve business goals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Design and develop highly scalable and loosely coupled architecture.
- Seeing a product through the full life cycle of design, development, QA testing and then production.
- Develops and maintains data related software and processes.
- Develops and maintains web API framework and infrastructure.
- Refactoring of old code for improving usability and performance.
- Manage and contribute to development agile process by writing and refining stories.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Provide regular and consistent mentoring to other developers.
- Intimate knowledge and experience working with Git: branching, merging, pull requests, etc..
- Solid understanding of web services and Computer Science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms).
- Expert knowledge of industry best practices and security.
- Experience working with Linux Command Line Interface and writing bash scripts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience developing for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent software/web development experience.
- Experience with Elixir (or its parent Erlang, or its design inspiration Ruby).
- Experience with Vue.js in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with SASS in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with jQuery in an enterprise setting.
- Experience in Agile SDLC methodology.
- AWS Experience in an enterprise setting.
- Knowledge of common DevOps technologies (Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins).
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)