Lead Software Developer Web/Full-Stack
Development Team | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science is the leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex drive-systems.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems of high value aerospace, defense, industrial, and renewable energy equipment. Our simulation and physics-based models enable new maintenance paradigms and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems such as helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to be a leader on our web application. This person will be in a leader on the team responsible for developing our web applications. This new position will report directly to our Software Manager. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Lead design and implementation of full-stack development
- Provides technical direction of development team in all areas, systems integration, software design, software development, quality assurance, performance engineering and release engineering.
- Identify opportunities to improve and provide suggestions in regards to devops and SDLC
- Manage and contribute to development agile process by writing and refining stories
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
- 7+ years of software/web development
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team of developers
- Previous experience leading a team of developers that promotes a positive, motivated work culture
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL, PHP, SasS, Linux, NodeJS, NPM, and DevOps (Jenkins, Grunt, Bower, Git)
- Solid understanding of web services and Computer Science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms)
- Expert knowledge of industry best practices and security
- Amazon AWS Experience
About the Company
Sentient Science Corporation, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a family of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this “magic,” the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior, the company has attracted over $20M in research awards.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation in 2010, the company is now commercializing under the brand DigitalClone.
Please submit you Resume and Cover Letter to Aaron Smith, Director, Digital Experience at [email protected].