Jr. Web Developer/Programmer
Product Development Team | Buffalo, NY, United States
Sentient Science is the leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex drive-systems.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems of high value aerospace, defense, industrial, and renewable energy equipment. Our simulation and physics-based models enable new maintenance paradigms and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems such as helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work on our suite of web applications. This person will be a critical member of the product development team. This new position will report directly to on of our Software manager and Sr. Web Developers. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Develop and maintain our web applications
- Interface with our customer database
- Maintain detailed documentation and tests
- 1 to 2 years of programming experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of AngularJS, Bootstrap, SVG, AJAX, REST, Git or equivalent, Linux environment and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of industry best practices and security
- Eager to learn new languages/technologies to improve the product and internal processes
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a team member
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a family of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this “magic,” the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior, the company has attracted over $20M in research awards.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation in 2010, the company is now commercializing under the brand DigitalClone.
Please submit you Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected].