Internship – Software Engineer
Software Engineer – Internship I Location: Buffalo, NY
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated intern to help us develop scalable software that can automate new and existing data-driven processes. Our processes range from hybrid wind engineering data analysis, to data QA, to analysis and post-processing of mechanical engineering model simulation data.
You’ll collaborate with a variety of backgrounds and make real contributions to take manual or semi-automated processes and turn them into automated or human-in-the-loop production software processes. You’ll learn about producing scalable software, and help us drive business growth and dramatically increase the productivity of our technical, business, and customer-facing teams.
- Work with our software team members in an Agile/Scrum workflow.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software to automate existing data analysis processes.
- Work with mechanical engineers, business analysts, and our delivery teams to assess a path forward for integrating or replacing manual data QA systems with automated ones.
- Develop new automated data collection capabilities.
- Communicate new automated workflows through code docstrings, wiki documentation, and team training.
- Develop dashboards/UI to enable curating and visualization of collected data
- Monitor automated and manual data collection and publishing processes
- Full time UB student in good academic standing
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in computer science or computer engineering
- Hands-on experience with at least one programming language, preferably Python, C/C++, or Elixir
- Flexible and enthusiastic to work on various projects with an interdisciplinary team
Additional Information for candidates to submit: Github or Bitbucket if available
Hours per week: 15 hours/week
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected] or [email protected]