Information System/Security Administrator
Information Technology | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre- and post-installation costs of rotating systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work with our IT committee to establish proper security policies, procedures, protocols and subsequently implement and enforce them. Furthermore, this role will work with the software development and engineering team to scale and maintain cloud infrastructure for best operation. Finally, this role will be exposed to utilizing best practices to achieve business goals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Implements network and data security policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Works with IT Committee for implementation and direct enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Instructs computer users on security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates information security systems and applications and suggests enhancements.
- Performs risk assessments of existing or new services and technologies to identify and mitigate inherent risks.
- Builds and scale interoffice infrastructure.
- Protects network from unauthorized access.
- Collaborate with product and development teams in ways to improve user security.
- Monitors network usage and resolves access issues.
- Installs and maintains security software.
- Relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
- May manage others.
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
- Provides general tracking of issue remediation.
- Proven experience as a Computer Security Specialist
- Strong experiences in System Administrator and Network Administrator Role
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g. TippingPoint)
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS)
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services
- Ability to create scripts in Python, C++, Perl, PHP or other language
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- professional certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+, CISSP) is a plus
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)