Development Team | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work with our Product Development team. This role will be working directly on new features of our DigitalClone® software and will be exposed to utilizing best practices to achieve business goals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Develops and maintains data related software and processes.
- Develops and maintains web API framework and infrastructure.
- Refactoring of old code for improving usability and performance.
- Works effectively on large projects while supporting other team members.
- Documents code and participates in testing procedures.
- Provides application debugging and support to Product Management, Testing, Customer Support, and Delivery teams.
- Performs other application development, diagnostic, and data related duties as assigned.
- Experience maintaining databases and developing software around them.
- Experience with SQL in an enterprise setting.
- Understanding of query performance metrics and methods for improvement.
- Understanding of data management (permissions, security, monitoring).
- Experience with data processing and warehousing.
- Knowledge of software development and web applications.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with web APIs and their infrastructure.
- Exposure to one or more System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Experience with PostgreSQL in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with Python in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with Elixir (or its parent Erlang, or its design inspiration Ruby).
- Experience in Agile SDLC methodology.
- Experience with the Unix command line.
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)