Senior Software Developer
Development Team | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work with our Product Development team. This role will be working directly on new features of our DigitalClone® software and will be exposed to utilizing best practices to achieve business goals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Design and develop highly scalable and loosely coupled architecture.
- Manages the pipeline of various databases (Time Series DB, Alarms DB, Met Tower data DB, and Work Order DB).
- Ability to take large files of Time Series data and convert/clean them to load into our database.
- Ability to hit assigned deadlines of processing large amounts of data.
- Works closely with business analysts, solution architects, developers and operations team to integrate automation for manual systems and processes.
- Design, develop, test and implement APIs for use in software applications.
- A desire and willingness to be challenged and learn about new technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Provide regular and consistent mentoring to other developers.
- 10 years (or more) of software development experience.
- Strong proficiency working with Elixir, C++, HTML, SQL, Clojure, Python.
- Experience with leveraging libraries, APIs, design patterns, and end-to-end web application programming.
- Solid understanding of web services and Computer Science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms).
- Knowledge of common DevOps technologies (Vagrant & Docker).
- Expert knowledge working with AWS (Redshift, RDS & EC2).
- Intimate knowledge and experience working with Git: branching, merging, pull requests, etc..
- Experience working with Linux Command Line Interface and writing bash scripts.
- Experience with SQL in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with Redis in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with Phoenix Framework.
- Experience with Influx.
- Experience with big data (Hive, Elastic File Systems, Hadoop, etc.).
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)