Product Owner/Business Analyst
Development Team | Buffalo, NY United States
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work with our Product Development team. This role will be working directly on core functionality of our platform product and will be exposed to utilizing best practices to achieve business goals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Assess and evaluate market problems and business needs of both existing clients, prospects, and end users.
- Seek opportunities to improve product offering: innovate new ideas for product enhancements.
- Partner with UX Designers and Software Architects to design and deliver valuable enhancements.
- Act as a subject matter expert who gathers and maintains enhancement requirements from the internal stakeholders, end user feedback, and client feedback.
- Serve as the Product Owner in an agile development team, including the creation and maintenance of the sprint backlogs and user stories.
- Continuously groom the sprint backlog by meeting with stakeholders to discuss upcoming sprint priorities.
- Participate in daily standups, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Available to provide advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each development sprint.
- Motivate the product and engineering teams to perform to their full potential and to adhere to the product vision.
- Inspect product progress throughout the delivery cycle to ensure solution delivered by engineering teams is consistent with supplied requirements, and exercise authority to accept or reject work done.
- Demo product functionality to internal stakeholders at the completion of each sprint.
- Document and communicate enhancement project process to the internal teams.
- Continually improve the efficiency of internal processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Understands Agile principles and methodologies
- Innovative and eager to implement new ideas
- Approaches projects with energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of urgency
- Strong command of the English language, including excellent communication skills (verbal, written, graphical) with a variety of audiences
- Quick thinker who is confident and vocal in meetings
- Skilled at writing clear, concise, yet thorough user stories (software requirements), acceptance criteria, and internal training documentation
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter who manages time effectively
- Works effectively in both collaborative team and autonomous environments
- At least 3 years of prior experience in a Product Owner, Business Analysis, Product Management, UI/UX Design or Software Project Management related role
- Demonstrable experience in gathering and analyzing customer requirements, preferably in an Agile Scrum development methodology
- Basic understanding of web development languages
- Familiarity with Redmine and ZenDesk is a plus
- Workflow design, process execution, and testing protocols
About the Company
Sentient Science, founded in 2000, has distinguished itself by building a suite of services that predict future life and performance of roller bearing centric machines without physical testing or using historical data. To accomplish this, the company has assembled the country’s top scientists in material science, tribology and advanced mathematics. Initially concentrating on Federal and State government (DARPA, DOD, DOE, NYSERDA and NSF) funded projects in predictive behavior.
Sentient Science’s modeling efforts initially focused on bearing friction and bearing centric devices such as fighter jets, helicopters, UAV’s, nuclear submarines, tanks, wind turbines and medical devices. Due to continuing success with SBIR awards & NASA validation, the company is now commercializing DigitalClone.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].
(We DO NOT accept résumés from third party recruitment agencies)