Data Analysis & QA Engineer Role
Technical/Research Team | Buffalo, NY
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment.The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. Our simulation and physics-based models enable users to optimize maintenance cycles and lower the pre and post installation costs of “rotating” systems, such as helicopters and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated team member with a passion for data processes and analyses. Our processes range from hybrid wind engineering data analysis, to data QA, to analysis and post-processing of mechanical engineering model simulation data.
In this role you will collaborate with a variety of internal and external customers to ingest data, conform it to Sentient’s database, perform QA, and perform analysis. You will own the processes around these steps and work with other Sentient team members to automate the process where possible. You may manage third party or intern resources to speed data ingestion.
- Own the internal database of the many maintenance & reliability events for our wind energy customers – responsible for execution and continual improvement of the associated process for loading data, and the DB’s data quality
- Manually input and conform related reliability and performance events data coming from customers
- Develop protocols and processes to standardize and automate future data QA requests
- Work closely with software engineering and data analytics team to define & automate data ingestion and data QA
- Perform analytics on data to support customer deliverables and internal research activities
- Enjoys getting hands dirty with data using variety of tools (e.g. software, coding, visualization)
- Experience with and passion for implementing process improvement
- Analytics Skills using excel, Weibull ++, and other similar analytics platforms
- Recent graduate with an advanced degree in a technical field or college graduate with several years business experience
About the Company:
Sentient Science Corporation is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex rotating equipment. Sentient Science’s cloud-based software, DigitalClone Live, manages the health and life extension of rotating mechanical equipment using a materials science-based approach. The technology models and simulates components and full systems within the aerospace, rail and wind energy industries. DigitalClone applies materials science and physics-based modeling techniques to simulate rotating equipment under representative operational loads and conditions. Operators optimize their maintenance cycles and lower the pre-and post-installation costs of “rotating” systems through life extension actions. Equipment manufacturers use the software for design tradeoff and sensitivity analysis and to prove their life claims to the market. Sentient Science was recognized by the White House in 2014 with the Tibbetts Award and Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneers Award in 2016.
Please submit your Résumés and Cover Letter to [email protected].