Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Technical/Research Team | Buffalo, NY or West Lafayette, IN, United States
Required: M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
Minimum 3 years experience with Master degree.
No experience required with PhD.
Sentient Science Corporation, with offices in Buffalo, New York, Idaho Falls, Idaho, and West Lafayette, IN, is a leader in predicting the durability and reliability of complex physical systems.
The company’s technology works by modeling and simulating components and full systems of high value aerospace, defense, industrial and renewable energy equipment. Our simulation and physics-based models enable new maintenance paradigms and lower the pre- and post-installation costs of “rotating” systems such as helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, and wind turbines.
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with background and expertise in additive manufacturing (AM) and inspection simulation to work on projects in computational modeling of AM build process and in-situ inspection to detect defects during build process. Also, work on inspection simulation for in-service inspection and optimization analysis to increase inspectability. In addition to research and development, the candidate will work with the Sentient team for commercial software development and validation.
Strong writing skills will be needed for proposal and report writing. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Additionally, Sentient offers competitive benefits and a relocation package.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
- Background and expertise in additive manufacturing materials and processes, inspection simulation, and in-process monitoring techniques to detect defects
- Familiarity with different inspection methods and types for in-process (during AM build) and field (in-service) inspection
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with Python and C languages
- Inspection simulation and modeling
- Experience with government projects
- Great experience with Python and C languages
- Finite Element Analysis
- Microstructure modeling
- Familiarity with optimization analysis, algorithms and methods
Please submit your Résumé to Behrooz Jalalahmadi, Director of Life Extension Solutions, at [email protected].